Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tomorrow is a long time

The adventure starts tomorrow! I say that really enthusiastically like there's going to be some magic in the next 24 hours, but really I will just be sitting on a plane and worrying that we'll get delayed midair by a flock of vicious pelicans or something and I'll miss my connection in London and I'll arrive late and get kicked out of the program. So no magic really happens tomorrow, except for that it'll probably hit me that I'm actually jumping across the ocean all by myself to live a new life all by myself.

The preparation hasn't really been stressful--it's actually a lot harder to get ready for a semester of regular college, because you take more than one bag. The exhausting part is saying goodbye. Saying goodbye to your favorite people is emotionally draining. Plus big goodbyes make me cry. I sniffled my way through hugs and "I'll miss you"s. I'll be hounding the favorites on Skype soon. It's nice that I can have some comforts of home while abroad.

I plan my plane outfits. They have to be cute enough to be seen in public, but comfy enough that I can sit in them for several hours. And they must breathe. And look polished but effortless, because I totally have to get off the plane and do Spanish things right away and I can't look like some grubby tourist when checking into my hostel.


I suppose I don't have anything to report other than I'm ecstatic to start this semester, and check back soon for updates and observations.

M

No comments:

Post a Comment