Monday, December 20, 2010

So long ALC

Wow. My time in Alicante has come to an end. Now it seems like the time went by really quickly, but during my semester I felt like I was getting through molasses days. So much of the semester was built of extremes--extreme elation, loneliness, sadness, wonder, happiness, excitement, disappointment, frustration, and anticipation. Now that the semester is done I'm ready to tell people that it wasn't something I can easily lump into "good" or "bad"--the highs were really high and the lows were really low.

Things I WILL miss about Alicante:
  1. Juani
  2. Adrian 
  3. The buses
  4. Plazas
  5. The beach
  6. Palm trees
  7. Fountains
  8. Olivia
  9. Castillian
  10. Paella
  11. My bed/blankets
  12. 60 degree December weather
I know I'll get back to the US and complaaaaaain and whiiiiine about how much I'll want to be back in Spain with absolutely no  obligations and the unbridled freedom to go wherever and do whatever I want, but right now I recognize it's time for the next thing to start. I'm excited to get back to "real life". I never thought I'd miss having a job, or cooking my own food, or having a full schedule.

So in half an hour I hike out to the airport where I go to Madrid, and then Edinburgh [weather willing], Berlin, and Copenhagen, before I return January 3rd. these trips will be intense, especially since I'll be by myself at Christmas (in Scotland, boo hoo), but I'm excited for these next 14 days.

Thank you all for keeping up with my semester abroad. It's nice to know there are people interested in what I'm doing. I'll try to update the blog with my two weeks' travels, but until then,

Adios, hasta luego, un besito,

Maren

No comments:

Post a Comment